Type: Monsterous Humanoid (dragonborn)
- Dragonborn have Darkvision 60 feet.
- Dragonborn must eat, breathe and sleep.
- Dragonborn have no benefits or penalties due to their size.
- Dragonborn have a reach of 5 feet and occupy a space of 5×5 feet.
Base Speed: Normal
- Dragonborn have a base speed of 30 feet
Ability Score Modifiers: Advanced
- Dragonborn receive + 2 to Strength, Constitution and Dexterity, + 4 to Charisma; -2 to Wisdom (or Intelligence).
- Dragonborn begin play speaking Common and Draconic.
- Characters with exceptional Intelligence may also learn: Undercommon, Slyvan, Orc, Dwarven, Terran, Aklo, and Abyssal.
- Breath Weapon: Based on the color of their scales, a Dragonborn gains a breath weapon. At creation, choose from one of the following energy types (acid, cold, electricity, or fire). The Dragonborn may breathe a 20-foot line of this energy once per day as a standard action. This is a supernatural breath weapon attack dealing 1d6 points of damage of the specified type to the specified area. All creatures within the affected area must make a Reflex saving throw to avoid taking damage. The save DC against this breath weapon is 10 + 1/2 the user’s character level + the user’s Constitution modifier. Those who succeed at the save take no damage from the attack.
- Energy Resistance: Dragonborn gain resistance 5 on the energy type which matches their breath weapon. This is chosen at character creation and cannot be changed.
- Bite: Dragonborn have a natural bite attack dealing 1d3 damage. This is a primary attack or a secondary attack if the dragonborn is wielding manufactured weapons.
Alternate Racial Traits:
- Vestigial Wings: Some dragonborn have wings that do not provide the lift required for actual flight, but do have enough power to aid flight attained by some other method, and grant a + 4 racial bonus on Fly checks. This trait replaces Energy Resistance.
- Increased Breath Weapon: Some dragonborn have a more powerful breath weapon. These dragonborn do half damage on a failed saving throw. This trait replaces Bite.
- Slapping Tail: Some dragonborn have long tails that can be used to make attacks of opportunity in battle. This tail is a natural weapon that does 1d8 points of damage plus the user’s Strength modifier. This trait replaces Bite.